Strawberry Mascarpone Tart with Mocha Crust
This is one of two tarts I made for a friend’s housewarming party this weekend. Slightly adapted from Sunset Magazine
- 9 ounces chocolate wafer cookies
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons espresso
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place cookies in a food processor and crush into fine crumbs. Add melted butter, sugar and espresso and process until combined. Press mixture evenly into bottom and up sides of a 10-inch tart pan.
- In another bowl, with a mixer on medium, beat mascarpone, honey, and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour and salt.
- Spread filling into chocolate crust. Place tart pan on a cookie sheet and set on center rack of preheated oven. Bake until filling is pale golden and barely set in the center when you gently shake pan, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove tart from oven and let cool on a rack about 30 minutes, then chill until cold, at least 1 hour. (cover tart once cold).
- Shortly before serving, remove rim from pan. Rinse, stem, and thinly slice strawberries. Arrange in a spiral pattern on top of the tart.