Occasionally, weekend to-do lists are meant to be ignored, Poldark reruns supplant afternoon football and a simple crock pot soup is all that is needed. Ah, lazy Sundays – nap optional.
Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups dried black beans
- 2 Tablespoon rosemary, minced
- 6 cups beef stock or water
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups Portuguese or Andouille sausage, diced and sautéed
- 2 cups spinach (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream
- Cook garlic and onion in oil in a slow cooker on high for 30 minutes.
- Add beans, 4 cups stock and rosemary, stir, and cook on high for an additional 4-6 hours.
- Add carrots and sausage and cook for another 1-2 hours.
- Add spinach (if using) and cook 1-2 minutes until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with sour cream.