Sunday, my guy and I binge watched five hours of Better Call Saul, not leaving the couch, not getting out of our PJ’s – entirely guilt free. This is the new normal in the midst of COVID-19 and a shelter-in-place quarantine.
Another result of my self-quarantine is creative recipe concoctions using only on-hand ingredients. Friday, during lockdown, I cleaned out my liquor cabinet and found a number of bottles, barely used, from last year’s various cooking and baking recipes (How did I accumulate THREE different kinds of Sherry?). I gathered up the most promising flavors, experimented a bit, got tipsy in the process, and came up with this winner.
Stay healthy everyone!
Bakewell Alexander Cocktail
Rich and creamy chocolate almond cherry cordials – taste like dessert in a glass.
- 1 part whole milk or cream
- 1 part chocolate liqueur (such as Mozart brand)
- ½ part almond liqueur (such as Disaranno)
- ½ part Kirsch
- Good-quality maraschino cherries (such as Luxardo)
- Freshly-grated nutmeg
- Pour a bit of the syrup from the maraschino cherries in the bottom of a glass.
- Combine milk, chocolate liqueur, almond liqueur and kirsch in a shaker with crushed ice. Shake well and strain over cherry syrup.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry and freshly grated nutmeg. Serve.