She’s celebrating a big birthday this year – THE big birthday, actually. Undecided on how to mark the occasion, she’s been turning options over in her heard. Should she take a trip to Southern France to study stinky cheese making? Stay in town and throw a party? Buy a new house? Join a roller derby team? OK, hold on now! Blame the last idea on too much Tito’s at last night’s hockey game. She hasn’t roller skated since she was 14 – nor is she built for slamming women into walls.
If this recent whim becomes a plan, she’s going to need more protein…
Mini Florentine Frittatas in Canadian Bacon Cups
- 6 Canadian bacon slices
- 4 egg whites plus 1 whole egg
- 2 Tablespoons Non-Fat Milk
- ½ teaspoon Za’atar
- 1/3 cup chopped, cooked spinach
- 6 Tablespoons soft goat cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Oil a muffin tin. Cut ½ inch slits on 4 sides of Canadian bacon to help the slices fit firmly into muffin cups.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together egg whites, egg, milk and za’atar. Divide spinach and cheese between muffin cups. Cover with egg mixture.
- Bake about 20 minutes until frittatas are puffy and centers are cooked through. Don’t over bake. Serve hot.