…And #11: He was recently burned and isn’t ready to jump back into the fire. I will miss him.
Although slated for Thanksgiving, I made this a few days early – an efficacious mood adjuster and ideal remedy for a dating disappointment. It’s not nicknamed “The Happymaker” for nothing.
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 liter dark or spiced rum*
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 15 oz. cream of coconut (not coconut milk)
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Zest of two limes
- Combine sugar, cinnamon sticks and water in a saucepan and place on low heat. Allow sugar to fully dissolve and make a simple syrup. Remove from heat and cool.
- Whisk rum into cooled syrup. Combine condensed milk, evaporated milk and coconut cream. Vigorously whisk milk mixture into rum in a steady stream to avoid curdling. Add extracts, spices, and zest. Set aside of two hours to allow flavors to meld.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve. Pour into glasses, garnish with additional nutmeg and serve. Cremasse can be served cold or room temperature – I prefer it cold.
*Dark rum allows the almond extract flavor to come through while spiced rum compliments the cinnamon and nutmeg.