The woman you seek does not exist, but someone more profound and exquisite (and real) would willingly stand beside you, clasping your hand. Place your impossible ideals of chaste Madonna by sunlight and sinful whore at nightfall aside and truly see us. We are angel and devil in equal measure and cannot hide one trait away depending on your desires or the time of day. Sometimes our licentious tongue yearns for daylight; sometimes our crooked halo still hovers above us in the night.
Our femininity is not determined by our willingness to compromise our light and dark selves for your sake. We are more complex, unpredictable, and surprising than you could ever imagine. See us for who we are, love us for this dichotomy, and we will shower you with myriad delights.
Some of us will bear your children, some of us will dance naked in your moonlight, some of us will cradle you and gather up your tears, some of us with strive for heights greater than yours, and some of us will fill your belly with devilishly divine delicacies.
Raspberry Bakewell Mini Tarts
Is it a highly complex cookie or the smallest tart you've ever seen? Whatever you decide, the combination of tender crust, tart raspberry jam and rich almond filling are sure to delight.
- Raspberry Jam
- 7 oz. frozen raspberries
- 7 oz. sugar Shortbread Crust
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Frangipane (Almond Crème)
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 egg
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 Tablespoon cornstarch Glaze
- 2/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 Tablespoon water
- 32 sliced almonds, toasted
- Make the jam: Combine the frozen raspberries and sugar in a small deep-sided saucepan and bring to boil over a medium heat. When the sugar is melted, increase the heat and boil for another 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a small container (pass it through a sieve if you’d rather not have seeds in your jam). Leave to cool and set.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 32 mini muffin cups. Make crust by beating together butter and sugar. Add vanilla, flour and salt and combine until fully blended. Divide dough into 32 equal pieces, pressing dough along bottom and up sides of each muffin cup. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just beginning to brown. If crust rises too much after baking, gently press back down into cups.
- While crusts are baking, make frangipane by whisking together butter, confectioner’s sugar, egg, almond flour and cornstarch. Spoon frangipane into a piping bag.
- Dollop about ½ teaspoon of raspberry jam in the bottom of each cup. Pipe frangipane over jam, covering jam completely. Bake tarts for an additional 20-25 minutes until tops are puffed and slightly golden brown. Cool completely
- To make glaze, mix confectioner’s sugar with water. Drizzle over cooled tarts. Garnish each with a sliced almond.