I forgot how exhausting it is to be a member of the gainfully employed. I barely survived my first week. If you asked me to recall the high point and low point, I’d say the high point was discovering the twice-weekly lunchtime yoga class in the California sunshine. Sign me up. The low point was waking up in the wee hours at 6:00 a.m. Just one short week ago, I was falling asleep about that time.
I’ve tried to soften my 6:00 a.m. blues by pampering myself each morning with a cardamom-rose latte (my new favorite) and a warm, freshly baked treat, like these remarkably moist banana cherry muffins. They help, but I still miss the warmth of my 6:00 a.m. bed.
Best Banana Cherry Muffins
These exceptionally moist and flavorful muffins were adapted from my favorite banana bread recipe.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg plus 1 yolk
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, plus more for topping
- ½ cup chopped fresh or frozen and drained cherries, plus 3 more for topping
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, almond flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, buttermilk, vanilla, egg, and yolk. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk until just blended. Fold in walnuts, cherries and bananas.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups. Top with a quartered cherry and chopped walnuts. Bake 25-30 minutes until muffins are brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool and enjoy.
Looks yum and tasty 🙂
Pingback: Carrot Raspberry Breakfast Muffins | Two-Bit Tart
Pingback: Recipe Favorites of 2018 | Two-Bit Tart