I’ve been re-reading The Happiness Project. In the book, the author lists her 12 (she couldn’t stop at 10) commandments for happiness. As I move through this process of potentially opening my own gelato business, I thought it would be beneficial to write commandments of my own (I borrowed more than a few from the book). These are a combination of quotidien, life-enhancing reminders and more specific directives specifically for the business. Here are my thirteen:
The 13 Commandments
- Appraise opinions accordingly. If devoid of solution or accuracy, they are of no value.
- Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good – Voltaire
- Drive with the top down whenever possible
- Do stuff
- Talk to strangers
- Go outside
- Never bother with people you hate
- Make mistakes
- Imagine the eulogy: how do I want to be remembered?
- What would I do if I weren’t scared?
- Dry shampoo will give you 30 extra minutes of time
- Consider before saying ‘yes’ or ‘no’