A coffee lover’s dream…dark mocha ganache sandwiched between two delicate butter cookies.
The only way I know how to say “thank you” to someone who drinks a quadruple espresso every morning…
Mocha Viennese Whirls
Dark Mocha Ganache sandwiched between two delicate butter cookies.
- Mocha ganache
- 6 oz. dark chocolate (at least 60% cocoa)
- 6 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee granules Cookies
- 9 oz. unsalted butter, very soft (not European style)
- 1 ¾ oz. confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- ⅛ teaspoon table salt (not kosher salt)
- 8 oz. all-purpose flour
- 1 oz. cornstarch
- Make ganache: Place the chocolate and heavy whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl and microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until completely melted (60-90 seconds). Add instant coffee and stir until completely combined and smooth. Cover and refrigerate until spreadable consistency, about 90 minutes.
- Make the cookies: Preheat the oven to 375F. Line 3 baking sheets with baking parchment. Using a 2” round cutter as a guide, draw 8 circles on each sheet of paper, spaced well apart. Turn the paper over so the pencil marks are underneath.
- Beat the butter, confectioner’s sugar and salt in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Sift in the flour and cornstarch and beat until thoroughly mixed. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a medium star nozzle. Pipe 24 swirled rounds (not rosettes), inside the circles on the baking sheets. Refrigerate cookies for 15 minutes before baking (this will help cookies retain their shape).
- Bake in the center of the oven for 13—15 minutes, until pale golden-brown. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Assemble: Pipe a layer of ganache onto the flat side of 12 of the cookies and sandwich with the remaining cookies. Dust with confectioner’s sugar. Enjoy!
So pretty and tasty!
They look so amazing!
Pingback: 10+ Coffee Flavored Desserts - Mom. Wife. Busy Life.