The best of holiday flavors combined into one impressive dessert: Pecan Pumpkin Tart with Ginger Crust.
Oh, September…that month where food bloggers in all 50 states are posting pumpkin spice recipes…muffins, lattes, pies, soups – you name it, someone out there has “pumpkin spice-ified” it for Fall.
Just throw me onto the pile with the rest…
Pecan Pumpkin Tart with Ginger Crust
Pecans, Pumpkin and Ginger...the best of holiday flavors combined into one impressive tart.
- 2 ½ cups finely crushed ginger cookies ( about 55-60 Anna’s Swedish Ginger Thins, for example)
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted Pumpkin Layer
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg Pecan Layer
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract ⅛ teaspoon salt ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon ¾ cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. To make crust, combine ginger cookie crumbs with butter in a bowl and press along the bottom and up the sides of a 9” tart shell. Wrap bottom in aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- To make pumpkin layer, beat together all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- To make pecan layer, beat together all ingredients except pecans in a bowl until sugar is incorporated. Stir in pecans.
- To make tart, spread pumpkin layer evenly over crust. Spoon pecan layer over pumpkin. Bake for about 45 minutes or until center no longer jiggles and a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool tart completely. Once cool, transfer to refrigerator until ready to serve.